The use of organic materials in electronic applications offers a more eco-friendly and less expensive solution. Organic small molecules and polymers afford unique properties to electronic devices compare to silicon technology such as being lightweight, flexible and low-cost processed. Over the last decade, Materianova has become more refined in this domain. Nowadays, our activities extend from molecular design of materials to devices fabrication, through molecules and polymers synthesis. Read More
- Organic Electronics
- Chemical SensorsMateria Nova is active since many years in the development & test of chemical gas sensors based on organic or mineral semiconducting materials (conductoctometric sensors), in particular for the detection of fire, Ozone, Nitrogen Oxides, Carbon monoxide, Hydrogen, Formaldehyde…
The centre, in collaboration with Mons University (UMons), also works on the (bio)chemical sensors based on optical fibre to networks of Bragg for the gas detection. Read More
- CorrosionMateria Nova has a long-term expertise in corrosion protection and evaluation. Alternative to hexavalent chromium is one of the most important goal of the centre in this field : conversion or passivation treatments, hard chromium deposition or developing new effective anti-corrosive pigments. Evaluation methodologies based on classical ageing tests or on electrochemical techniques are continuously improved to provide deep understanding of corrosion mechanisms or to evaluate coating performances. Read More
- Electrochemical CoatingsElectrochemical coatings is an important field of activity in Materia Nova : from electroplating to anodization Materia Nova develops new coatings and electrolyte formulations for several applications and offers support and services to the industry : plating and characterization facilities for testing and small production, consultancy and troubleshooting Read More
- Plasma TechnologiesMateria Nova CHIPS departement has developed plasma technologies to modify the surface of materials. This powerful technology can develop new solutions for direct industrial applications. Materia Nova is specialized in the development of technological solutions for creating new surface properties through thin film deposition, decoration with nano-domains, ion implantation, grafting of chemical functions, structuration of the surface and cleaning. To achieve such challenges Materia Nova CHIPS departement develops also new process like tailored treatment reactor or new power supply. Read More
- Polymers and CompositesThe research activities of the polymer group at Materia Nova are focused on strategies to prepare polymeric materials with improved properties. Polymers, polymer blends and (nano)composites are studied in terms of their structure-properties relationship, processing and performances in order to reach new advanced materials based on thermoplastic, elastomeric or thermoset matrices. Particles dispersion, plasticization, grafting, blends, catalysis using internal mixer or extruders at different scales are the current techniques used to improve mechanical, electrical, thermal or fire-resistance properties of materials. Read More
- Sol-gel and WetcoatingFormulation and application on any kind of substrates. The aim of our research is the development of user-friendly processes to obtain multifunctional and durable coatings.
Protection of metals, self-healing, easy-to-clean, anti-bacterial, anti-UV, mechanical and thermal resistance are the properties enhanced with our sol-gel formulations.