Some organic materials have semiconductor properties that allow them to conduct charges and to absorb and emit light at the same time.
Materia Nova has developed an expertise in understanding the properties of transport and injection of charges (electron, hole) within thin layers and stacking of complex layers for OLED, OPV, sensor technologies...
- A collaborative interdisciplinary approach involving the theoretical modelling of materials and interfaces, the application of these materials in the form of thin films, the characterization of their optical and electrical properties, and the fabrication and characterization of optoelectronic devices.
- Dry and wet deposition of organic and inorganic semiconductors (MeOx).
- Manufacture of hybrid complex layer stacks based on these materials by thermal sublimation with control of the alignment of the electronic levels.
- Control of layer doping by co-evaporation and co-sputtering.
- Validation of concepts and adaptation of OLED's manufacturing processes on a lab scale on all types of flat, shaped, rigid, flexible, transparent or opaque surfaces (glass, steel, stainless steel, plastic, paper, textile).