- Start of the project : 01-01-16
- End of project : 30-06-22
Development of a research project in the field of alternative, more ecological and economical binders, based on secondary materials and/or industrial by-products (steel slag, bottom ash, glass fines, fly ash, dredging products), for the treatment of mechanical soil stability and waterproofing. The project portfolio will be carried out in three main phases, namely
- a phase of laboratory development of eco-binder formulations for the three targeted recovery routes ;
- a global validation phase (experimental board and pilot site) of the materials treated with eco-binders, including geotechnical and environmental aspects;
- a phase of continuous evaluation of the performance of the technological solutions implemented in terms of sustainable development, using a multi-criteria life cycle assessment tool (Life Cycle Assessment) that integrates the environmental, societal and economic impact (e.g. certain environmental benefit, but economically unviable solution).
Objectives and missions of Materia Nova
Within the consortium, Materia Nova carries out the environmental LCA and the coordination of all sustainability assessment tasks.