- Start of the project : 01-10-19
- End of project : 31-03-23
The TRANSFORM-CE project aims to help companies in the plastics engineering sector to become involved in a circular economy by offering them an alternative to virgin plastic raw materials.
To this end, two pilot production sites are planned in Almere (the Netherlands) and Manchester (UK). The products from these pilots will be used to recover waste destined for landfill or incineration and convert it into secondary material for processing applications using 3D printing (AM) or intrusion-extrusion moulding (IEM). The final applications may be street furniture, construction products or other high value-added applications. Support for companies in their circular economy approach is also proposed.
Objectives and missions of Materia Nova
- Recycling of plastics into filaments for 3D printing.
- Validation of formulations and characterization.
- Development of specific formulations for 3D printing.
- Evaluation of the environmental footprint of products and processes (LCA).