- Start of the project : 01-03-16
- End of project : 31-08-19
The BioBase4SME project aims to help start-ups and SMEs overcome technological and non-technological barriers to bring their innovations to market.
Following the successful completion of the BioBase4SME project, the partner organisations have now formed the “BioBase4SME Network”. This network will create strong interregional links between European organisations to provide effective knowledge exchange and innovation support for entrepreneurs in the organic sector. It will also improve interregional support for the organic economy in terms of innovation and investment climate, legal framework and public approval.
More than 650 SMEs have benefited from bio-innovation support for entrepreneurs in North-Western European regions.
- Innovation vouchers awarded to 63 SMEs for a total amount of more than EUR 1.5 million;
- Improvement of innovation performance in 17 workshops through interaction between different stakeholders;
- In 11 trainings, entrepreneurs gained practical knowledge on important aspects of innovation in the organic economy;
- Organisation of 3 Innovation Biocamps with a total of 56 young entrepreneurs.
Objectives and missions of Materia Nova
Within the consortium, Materia Nova will carry out:
- LCA trainings for SMEs
- Participation in dissemination
- Subcontracted LCA studies