Plastics have experienced a tremendous boom since the middle of the 20th century. They have replaced classic materials such as metals or wood in many applications, thanks to their lightness, robustness and ease of shaping, among other things. Plastics are present in all sectors of activity and offer considerable gains in terms of performance. Their use in the transport sector allows the weight of vehicles to be reduced and fuel consumption to be significantly reduced. The health sector is also highly dependent on plastics of all types: lighter beds, medical equipment, sterile packaging for medicines and vaccines, protective clothing for surgeons or gloves for improved hygiene, etc. Plastics are also the basis for packaging materials of all kinds. They extend the shelf life of food, prevent food waste and ensure food safety.
Plastics are materials with exceptional properties that improve our quality of life, but which need to be radically rethought so that they are biodegradable, recyclable and/or reusable.
Thanks to its expertise in biotechnology and the science of polymer and composite materials, Materia Nova offers the industrial sector high-performance eco-designed materials, innovations in recycling, quality recycled materials, (bio)plastics and high-performance eco-friendly paints and varnishes.
See below for our solutions, projects and technologies in materials and processes and help to optimize circularity.
Our solutions for this sector of application
- Fire resistance
- Biobased materials
- Surface cleanliness (easy to clean, self-cleaning, anti-dirt, anti-fingerprint)
- Catalytic properties
- Eco-design and life cycle thinking
- Anti-adhesion, wettability and sliding
- Barrier (waterproof or permeability)
- Valorization and recycling of materials and gazes
- Environmentally friendly materials and processes
- Surface (metallic and plastic) metallization
- Solventless Synthesis (by reactive extrusion)