- Start of the project : 01-01-19
- End of project : 30-09-21
Improving the performance of flexible plastics through innovative nanotechnologies for food packaging and technical applications.
The deliverable targeted at the end of the research is a single-layer packaging solution offering barrier properties at least comparable to those offered by current multi-layer films used in the food industry. The technology developed for the food-processing industry will also be exploited for the implementation of high performance thin encapsulation films for solar applications.
The aim of the consortium is to create a basis for a new packaging mode in Europe, especially in Germany and Wallonia.
Objectives and missions of Materia Nova
Within the consortium, Materia Nova performs:
- The validation of higher performance films for the encapsulation of flexible (OH)PV applications.
- The performance evaluation before and after encapsulation.
- The evaluation of the ALD layers needed to reduce permeability rates for (OH)PV applications.