- Start of the project : 01-10-16
- End of project : 31-03-21
Development of functionalized textiles for indoor air pollution control.
The TEXACOV project consists of developing materials that allow degradation, ideally in H2O and CO2, by the photocatalytic effect of VOCs in indoor air exploiting visible light and without additional external energy input. The deliverable consists in developing a textile functionalized with photocatalytic materials operating in the visible light and favouring the degradation of indoor-air VOC pollutants.
The objectives pursued can be summarised as follows:
- Manufacture of photoactive nanoparticles in the visible range (TiO2-doped)
- Integration of photoactive nanoparticles in cellulose nanofibres
- Assembly of prepared nanofillers on textile substrates
- Development of protocols for monitoring the performance of materials on a pilot scale
Objectives and missions of Materia Nova
Within the consortium, Materia Nova carries out:
- The identification of molecules/compounds with photocatalytic properties in the visible range
- The synthesis and qualification of the selected materials
- FunctionalizationThe functionalization of textile fibres by immobilization of photocatalytic materials
- The performance tests and validation with selected VOC pollutants