In terms of greenhouse gas mitigation, the capture and recovery of CO2 is one of the most active lines of research.
Materia Nova is working on CO2 /N2 (nitrogen) and its transformation by different processes:
- Bioprocesses (bacteria or enzymes) and/or by plants in order to produce different alcohols and acids.
- Reforming of CO2 in synthons and renewable energy storage.
- Laboratories dedicated to chemical synthesis.
- State-of-the-art equipment in terms of biological, chemical and physicochemical characterization.
- Expertise in polymer chemistry and particularly in NIPUs.