Upcycling is the action of recovering materials or products that are no longer used in order to transform them into a product or material with higher added value.
- Most waste is a huge reserve of raw materials that can be transformed into high-value molecules of interest for green chemistry.
- The activities of our Biotechnologies unit include:
- The analysis of bioprocesses, implementation with real waste and upgrading from laboratory to industry.
- The production of higher-value materials from bioresources (e.g. metal nanoparticles from contaminated sites, GREENER).
- The production of bioactive molecules.
- Biological synthesis of building blocks from agricultural and industrial waste using micro-organisms.