Ion implantation is a technology that allows a material to be modified without adding material by ion bombardment.
- The technology enables cold surface hardening to be carried out in order to give the materials exceptional mechanical resistance properties.
- Doping of materials by incorporating elements into the crystallographic lattice.
- Modification of tribological surface properties (friction, wear, etc.).
- Modification of surface energy by adding functions.
- Coloring of polished metals and darkening of metals.
- Powder coloring.
The Walibeam platform, operated by Materia Nova, groups together several treatment pilots ranging from the lab scale to the pre-industrial scale. It thus enables the industry to evaluate the potential of the technology in its field of activity.