Hybrid sol-gel coatings
The sol-gel process is an excellent means of producing hybrid coatings: intermediates between organic coatings and ceramics. Sometimes called "ceramic-like", these coatings are obtained under mild chemical conditions, at temperatures lower than those of conventional synthesis methods. These conditions offer the possibility of combining organic and mineral species to form new types of hybrid compounds with novel properties.
Sol-gel is a coating that is particularly suitable for the treatment of surfaces made of glass, metal, wood, paper or plastics.
It is possible to disperse fillers in the sol-gel matrices to give them specific functionalities: anti-fouling, anti-microbial properties, colour, thermo-chromic effects, etc.
Our solutions for this technology
- Adhesion promoter and/or (in)organic adhesive
- Anti-adhesion, wettability and sliding
- Surface colouring
- Antimicrobial properties
- Biobased durable coatings
- Protection against corrosion
- Outdoor resistance (atmospheric agents, UV, temperature, humidity, pollutants)
- Anti-friction and anti-noise coatings
- Surface cleanliness (easy to clean, self-cleaning, anti-dirt, anti-fingerprint)
- Glossy, satin or matt surface